We realize many of you may be concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its potential impact on schools. We are in close communication with Curry County Public Health and encourage families to use resources such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Oregon Health Authority for the most up to date and accurate information.
Brookings-Harbor School District has a full-time nurse in the district with a clinic in each school that monitors student health, provides daily health services and resources to students and families.
Normal Measures can help prevent the spread the germs that cause respiratory illnesses like the flu and COVID-19, and are always good practice for students and adults. This is a good time to reinforce those habits. Our students' health and safety is our number one concern and we are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you informed on how this issue may impact our school district.
Help stop the spread of germs to prevent respiratory diseases like COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching you eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Source: CDC, 2020.