In case of snow or ice ...
The snow day bus stops are:
- Route B/Bus 67: Pick up for Gardner Ridge students will by the Upper Chetco Rural Fire Protection District building "volunteer fire department" located at the intersection of Gardner Ridge and Lewis Creek Road.
- Route 4/Bus 70: Pick up for students from the upper Carpenterville Road areas will be at the corner of Carpenterville Road and Rainbow Rock Road.
- Route G/Bus 71: Pick up for Cape Ferrello area students will be at the base of Cape Ferello road, just before the intersection with Highway 101.
Please call or email the BHSD Transporation Office with questions, and always report a missed bus right away in case the school can swing back with another ride option shortly.
Allen Walz, Transportation Director
Brookings-Harbor School District
- Morning buses are combined all grades
- Afternoon buses are separated into an earlier bus for elementary and a later bus for middle/high school
- Early Release day afternoon busses are combined all grades
- PM 1 denotes the afternoon elementary pick-up time at Kalmiopsis
- PM 2 denotes the afternoon middle/high school pick up times at Azalea and BHHS
- TUES PM is the twice-monthly early release day pick up time at the schools (usually 2nd and 4th Tuesdays)
Example schedule - Route A (Bus 69)
- Bus travels morning route and picks up students K-12 from 7:15 a.m. to 7:35 a.m.
- Bus arrives at Kalmiopsis at 7:41 a.m. and drops off K-5 students
- Bus arrives at Brookings-Harbor High School at 7:43 a.m. and drops off 9-12 students
- Bus arrives at Azalea Middle School at 7:45 a.m. and drops off 6-8 students
Afternoon - First Route
- Bus picks up at Kalmiopsis (K-5) at 2:25 p.m.
- Bus delivers K-5 students to home bus stops from 2:30 to 2:41 p.m.
Afternoon - Second Route
- Bus picks up at Azalea Middle School (6-8) at 3:31 p.m.
- Bus picks up at Brookings-Harbor High School (9-12) at 3:35 p.m.
- Bus delivers 6-12 students to home bus stops from 3:40 to 3:52 p.m.
Early Release Day Afternoons
- Bus picks up at Kalmiopsis (K-5) at 12:08 p.m.
- Bus picks up at Azalea Middle School (6-8) at 12:15 p.m.
- Bus picks up at Brookings-Harbor High School (9-12) at 12:33 p.m
- Bus delivers K-12 students to home bus stops from 12:38 to 12:50 p.m.