2020-21 Academic Calendar
On Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020, Brookings-Harbor School District announced the following updates in a message from the Superintendent:
Grade Level Return on Site Timeline
- Thursday, Nov. 12: We will welcome students in 4th Grade back to classrooms for morning or afternoon half day in-person instruction.
- Friday, Nov. 13: We will welcome students in 5th Grade, 6th Grade and 9th Grade back to classrooms for morning or afternoon half day in-person instruction.
- Thursday, December 3: We will welcome 7th Grade and 10th grade*
- Thursday, December 10: We will welcome 8th Grade, 11th Grade and 12th Grade*
*Unless there is a substantial rise in county cases and positivity rate that cause a delay.
- In grades 4 and above students will be on site for instruction on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays for part of the day, students will receive distance learning instruction, engage in virtual class meetings and receive small group and individual support based on the student’s grade level and need. The other part of the day will be for staff essential planning, collaboration and professional development. Each school will be sending out Wednesday schedule to families in the near future.
- Beginning on January 6, grades K-3 will follow the same weekly schedule with no in-person classes on Wednesdays.
- The Brookings-Harbor School District Board of Directors adopted a revised version of the 2020-2021 academic calendar at its July 30, 2020 special board meeting. The update changed the start date for students to Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020 (from a previously posted date of Monday, Aug. 31, 2020). To see details of back to school week schedules by grade, please visit 2020-21 Back to School Information Hub.
- The Brookings-Harbor School District Board of Directors adopted a first version of the 2020-2021 academic calendar at its April 15, 2020 regular board meeting.
|Monday, Aug. 24, 2020||No School (New Teacher In-Service)|
|Tuesday - Wednesday, Aug. 25-26, 2020||No School (All Staff District Directed In-Service)|
|Thursday - Friday, Aug. 27-28, 2020||No School (Teacher Classroom Workdays)|
|Monday, Aug. 31, 2020||First Day of School for Students|
|Monday, Sept. 7, 2020||No School (Labor Day Holiday)|
|Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020||New First Day of Engagement/Instruction for Students|
|Friday, Oct. 9, 2020||No School (All Staff District Directed In-Service)|
|Friday, Oct. 30, 2020||No School (Teacher Grading Day/End of 1st Quarter)|
|Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020||No School (Veterans Day Holiday)|
|Monday - Tuesday, Nov. 23-24, 2020||No School for Staff and Students|
|Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020||No School (Parent Conference Payback)|
|Thursday - Friday, Nov. 26-27, 2020||No School (Thanksgiving Holiday)|
|Monday, Dec. 21, 2020 - Friday, Jan. 1, 2021||No School (Winter Break)|
|Monday, Jan. 4, 2021||School Resumes after Winter Break|
|Monday, Jan. 18, 2021||No School (MLK Day Holiday)|
|Friday, Jan. 22, 2021||No School (Teacher Grading Day/End of 2nd Quarter)|
|Monday, Feb. 15, 2021||No School (Presidents Day Holiday)|
|Monday - Friday, March 22-26, 2021||No School (Spring Break)|
|Monday, March 29, 2021||School Resumes after Spring Break|
|Friday, April 2, 2021||No School (Teacher Grading Day/End of 3rd Quarter)|
|Friday, April 16, 2021||No School (All Staff District Directed In-Service)|
|Monday, May 31, 2021||No School (Memorial Day Holiday)|
|Saturday, June 5, 2021||Graduation Day|
|Wednesday, June 10, 2021||Last Day of School for Students|
|Thursday, June 11, 2021||No School (Teacher Grading Day/End of 4th Quarter)|