Health Resource Reminders for Staff During COVID-19/Coronavirus Closure
Oregon Unemployment Department Work Share Program / District Furlough Days
BHSD and BHEA have entered into an agreement (May 26, 2020) to enter the Oregon Unemployment Departments Work Share program. The Work Share program allows the district to furlough regular employees up to 40% per week and makes the employee eligible for Oregon unemployment pay. Currently, Oregon unemployment pays up to a maximum of $129 a day. With the federal government passing the CARES Act, the federal government is adding another $600 per week ON TOP of what the state unemployment pays. The result is no loss of pay for the employee due to the furlough days.
As part of the Work Share program, the district continues to pay PERS and health insurance benefits as if employees are working. After the short initial claim form is completed by the employee, the district also has the responsibility of filing weekly claims for all furloughed employees. Employees DO NOT file weekly claims.
You may contact the district office at 541-469-7443 with questions. If you prefer email please direct questions to email@example.com. You may also stop by the district office between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM every workday until June 3. Please do not hesitate to contact the district office or one of your building administrators with questions.
Forms and help documents available below:
- Work Share Initial Claim Form – Form 1697. The PDF form is fillable and is already filled in with the district information. This form needs to be filled out and returned to the district office AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2020 by 4:00 PM. The district is responsible for submitting all initial claim forms at the same time. District office staff and building principals are available for help in completing the forms.
- Tax withholding form. Please return to the district office.
- Direct deposit form. Please return to the district office.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) we developed to answer most, if not all of the questions you may have.
- Examples of estimated pay calculations for different salary amounts
As reports about Coronavirus continue to develop, we want to help you help your employees understand what we are doing to support them, how to protect themselves, and what to do if they suspect they have been infected with the Coronavirus.
In addition to waiving the cost-share for COVID-19 testing needs, we are waiving the cost-share for the OHSU Virtual Visits:
- For Medical Plans 1-5, this means a $0 copay
- For Medical Plans 6-7, this means a $0 copay after the deductible has been met
To schedule an OHSU virtual visit, please click here.
For information and changes to your benefits related to COVID-19, please visit our OEBB member group site.
For the latest COVID-19 information, we recommend visiting the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) or the Center for Disease Control (CDC) websites.
Reliant Behavioral Health, an IBH Company
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | p: 503.802.9834