Details of the Oregon school staff vaccine rule were released Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021. The rule states that by October 18, 2021 staff need to be fully vaccinated (defined as 14 days past the final dose) or they are not eligible to be a school employee. Our Staff Resources page has additional information on where you can receive vaccinations in the area and the date by which you need to receive each dose in order to be fully vaccinated by October 18.
The rule also allows for medical or religious exemptions. In order to have an exemption considered, you are required to use the OHA form. Both forms will be attached to the questionnaire. If you are electing to complete one of the exemption forms, please download, print, and send the completed form to Grace Ramirez at the District Office.
I understand that this rule may present a difficult decision for you. Unfortunately, with the October 18 due date, you will need to make the decision in short order.
We will be sending out the following question form using the Frontline system on Wednesday. The form needs to be completed and submitted by the end of the day on Friday. We need this information from all staff even if you provided a copy of your vaccine card at the end of the last school year. These are the questions that will be on the Frontline form. You will be able to select one response:
- I am currently vaccinated and will upload vaccine card to Frontline
- I am not currently vaccinated, but will be fully vaccinated by Oct. 18
- I am not vaccinated and will be claiming a medical exemption
- I am not vaccinated and will be claiming a religious exemption
- I am not getting vaccinated and I will provide my supervisor with my effective resignation date (date may be up to October 18, 2021)
Please note that if you complete the paperwork to claim a medical or religious exemption, we are required to consider additional protection measures that you may be asked to do and what the district can consider to support. The need for these measures is to reduce the chance of you catching Covid 19 or communicating the virus to others. We will do this by setting up individual meetings and by using the ADA workplace interactive accommodations process.
LOCAL VACCINATION RESOURCES
Local Vaccination Resources
- Statewide vaccine locator
- Curry County Public Health website
- Del Norte County California Vaccine Information Hub
BHSD & BHEA COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS (DOWNLOADABLE COPIES OF DISTRICT/UNION CONTRACT)
Increased pay rate opportunity for fluent English/Spanish employees
Dec. 15, 2021
If you are interested in interpreting and translating for BHSD, there is the potential for you to add $1.50 per hour to your hourly rate. Approvals are based on a district selected Spanish competency assessment and willingness to provide Spanish interpretation or translation for student families and district projects as your job role allows. Please contact the District's Student Services office at 541-469-1488 or e-mail Cynthia Barthuly at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
WORK SHARE PROGRAM INFORMATION/FURLOUGH DAYS
Oregon Unemployment Department Work Share Program / District Furlough Days
BHSD and BHEA have entered into an agreement (May 26, 2020) to enter the Oregon Unemployment Departments Work Share program. The Work Share program allows the district to furlough regular employees up to 40% per week and makes the employee eligible for Oregon unemployment pay. Currently, Oregon unemployment pays up to a maximum of $129 a day. With the federal government passing the CARES Act, the federal government is adding another $600 per week ON TOP of what the state unemployment pays. The result is no loss of pay for the employee due to the furlough days.
As part of the Work Share program, the district continues to pay PERS and health insurance benefits as if employees are working. After the short initial claim form is completed by the employee, the district also has the responsibility of filing weekly claims for all furloughed employees. Employees DO NOT file weekly claims.
You may contact the district office at 541-469-7443 with questions. If you prefer email please direct questions to email@example.com. You may also stop by the district office between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM every workday until June 3. Please do not hesitate to contact the district office or one of your building administrators with questions.
Forms and help documents available below:
- Work Share Initial Claim Form – Form 1697. The PDF form is fillable and is already filled in with the district information. This form needs to be filled out and returned to the district office AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2020 by 4:00 PM. The district is responsible for submitting all initial claim forms at the same time. District office staff and building principals are available for help in completing the forms.
- Tax withholding form. Please return to the district office.
- Direct deposit form. Please return to the district office.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) we developed to answer most, if not all of the questions you may have.
- Examples of estimated pay calculations for different salary amounts
WORK SHARE CLAIM FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
INFORMATION ON VIRTUAL DOCTOR SERVICES
As reports about Coronavirus continue to develop, we want to help you help your employees understand what we are doing to support them, how to protect themselves, and what to do if they suspect they have been infected with the Coronavirus.
In addition to waiving the cost-share for COVID-19 testing needs, we are waiving the cost-share for the OHSU Virtual Visits:
- For Medical Plans 1-5, this means a $0 copay
- For Medical Plans 6-7, this means a $0 copay after the deductible has been met
To schedule an OHSU virtual visit, please click here.
For information and changes to your benefits related to COVID-19, please visit our OEBB member group site.
For the latest COVID-19 information, we recommend visiting the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) or the Center for Disease Control (CDC) websites.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AND HOTLINE
Reliant Behavioral Health, an IBH Company
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | p: 503.802.9834
INFO ON EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) IBH DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PLAN
FREQUENTLY USED FORMS PART 1
FREQUENTLY USED FORMS PART 2
FREQUENTLY USED LINKS
Frequently Used Links
STILL NEED HELP? CONTACT HR