Wednesday, Sept. 15, will be the BHSD Board of Directors' Regular August Board Meeting at 5:30 p.m. The agenda is attached.How to Watch: The meeting will be held virtually. The meeting will be available to watch live and afterward via BHSD Youtube Live at https://www.youtube.com/
More board information: www.brookings.k12.or.us/board/
Regular School Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 5:30 PM
Submitting Public Comment: Two options to share input as part of the public record of the meeting: 1) For in-person events: Attend the meeting in person to give public comments. In-person attendees should fill out a blue comment card upon arrival at the meeting and give the completed card to the Board Secretary. Commenters must provide their name, address, phone number, and organization (if applicable). 2) For virtual events, or if you are unable to attend the meeting in person: You may submit a written public comment via email to Board Secretary Nancy Raskauskas-Coons at email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the meeting for inclusion in the agenda packet.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Early Items a. Celebrate Student Success 1. Summer Graduates - Class of 2021 and SOWIB awards b. Student Rep Report c. Building Presentation 1. Special Programs Presentation - Director Cynthia Barthuly 2. OHA/Local Public Health Authority Schools + COVID presentation
4. Citizen Input
5. Consent Agenda a. Approve Minutes 1. Draft Minutes Regular School Board Meeting, August 18, 2021 b. Approve Bills 1. August 2021 Expenditure Summary c. Approve New Hires 1. Approve New Hires (4) d. Approve Extra Duty Contracts 1. Approve Extra-Duty Contracts (1) e. Acceptance of Gifts & Donations 1. Elementary Storage Pod - Kalmiopsis PTO 2. Sole Mates Shoe Gift Certificates - Rotary
6. District Reports and Information a. Comments from the Superintendent 1. Proposed AR - Student Transportation by Volunteer b. District Reports 1. Board Reports 2. BHSD 2021-22 Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan c. Finance Reports 1. August 2021 Financial Summary Brookings-Harbor School District 17-C “Every Student Can Succeed” 2 d. Enrollment Summary
7. Action Items a. Resolution or Advocacy Letter of the Brookings-Harbor School District Board of Directors: Local Control b. Proclamation October is Bullying Prevention Month
8. Board Functions and Comments a. Review Board Goals b. Review District Priorities
9. Key Dates and Calendar Updates a. 75th Annual OSBA Convention, Nov. 11-13, 2021, Salem Convention Center. CANCELLED b. Budget Committee Applications for Appointment Due Oct. 15 (1 vacancy) c. Regular School Board, 5:30 p.m, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021 (Discussion topic: In-person versus virtual meetings for Fall 2021)
10. Adjournment The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired, or other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. Please contact the district office at 541-469-7443.