Message from the Principal
Dear Brookings Harbor High School families and community members,
Brookings Harbor High School ended its year with positive momentum moving forward. More of our Freshman finished their first year of high school on track to graduate than in previous years. A higher percentage of our seniors graduated than in previous years. During the 2014-15 school year, we laid a foundation that is strong.
We will be guided by the following principles:
1. Our students are the most important people in the building. They will feel loved, encouraged and prepared for career and college.
2. Our teachers are honored, supported, and given the tools they need to be successful. They set high expectations for our students and help them reach their academic goals.
3. Our community is informed, involved, and invited. Our Facebook page, Assistant Principal’s blog, teacher websites and other social media outlets will be linked to our school website and provide information for families and community.
Bruin PRIDE will continue to shape our school vision:
1. We will persevere in our work to make Brookings Harbor High School a place where all of our students learn and succeed.
2. Our school is a place where learning is hard-work but also fun, engaging and relevant.
3. Our school will be known for the respect, support, and care we show toward each other.
4. Our students will be filled with hope and optimism for their futures.
5. Our school will be known for excellence.
Grade book Update: Changes for next school year will include our teachers using a traditional grading scale with the inclusion of D’s. Proficiency-based instructional and assessment practices will continue to be the focus. Teachers will start the year with two full days of training on using rubrics and embedding standards in their assessments. Moving to a traditional scale will allow teachers to be more accurate with their electronic grade book calculations. I look forward to continuing with the work we have started. It’s good work and we are headed for good things. I am available this summer. Please do not hesitate to email me.
Archive of pervious messages